Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Oh, there I am!

Today, I was sitting in my bible study class and had a thought about some things I wanted to do and then I thought (profoundly, of course) - Oh! I'm coming back again!

This, unfortunately is the process I go through after my babies.  It has proven true for June and Annie and we will see on this next little one.  With June, it took eight months and I definitely wasn't sitting around wondering where I was this whole time (I didn't even know I was gone).  But, it's like a part of my body shuts down (the part that cares at all about Suzanne) and then one day, it just starts to come back.  At eight months with June, I was amazed that I slowly felt all these parts coming back that had previously been dormant and I didn't even know.

This time around, again, I haven't been sitting around wondering where I was.  I don't realize I am gone until I come back- one of God's little mysteries.  Its like all energy must be devoted to new baby...  But, when something hits me like it did this morning, I am now able to recognize that it's just me coming back again. (Dan will be very glad to know!)  Its a process that maybe a bunch of women go through or maybe I am an anomaly, but every time I "come back," I am so glad to get "me" back again!

Hopefully, this next time around, the placenta pills will help, because the first 4-6 months after my babies are really hard on me mentally and emotionally.  But I will let you know more on that further along in the pregnancy, after you have had time to get over your shock and dismay ;)

So, I know this doesn't really affect anyone else, but it's something I would like to document and then with this next baby, I will make a paper chain (my favorite) that has 4-6 months worth of links to pull off so that I know the end is in sight!
Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. I am with you Suz! It is usually about 9 months for me emotionally, physically, and MENTALLY! I love that you are so open and honest in this AND can't wait to hear about those pills girl! I'm also ready to know if it's a little she/he in your belly. XOXO!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...