Thursday, January 12, 2012

Potty Training

I am writing a post about potty training for all the nay-sayers out there (you know who you are) who say this cannot work.  It can and it will! :)  I have read, re-read, and memorized the 60 page e-book just like I did with June and Annie's schedule book (many nay-sayers there too, btw) and I have confidence that it will work with, as she says, a TON of praise, patience and accidents.

I come armed with an arsenal (suggested by the book but made up by yours truly) of food and drinks (to make her go to the bathroom alot so we can train)....

Prizes (I'm sure she will just pick candy every time, but variation and options are always good :)....
30 pairs of underwear (for lots of mistakes and trying again)....
Incentive posters (she can't read, so I might as well enjoy the poster! ;)....
And a bed time routine poster (yes, we are multi-cultural and gender friendly in this household!)
So, I will check back in on monday- it is proven to work in three days or less and I believe it!  I have to be at her side for the entire three days and she will be good to go on Monday (with about 100 accidents before then).  But I figure it beats potty training over a few months.

Where will Annie be, you might ask?  Just hanging out with daddy all weekend, probably watching football while I conquer the insurmountable!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...