Thursday, January 19, 2012

Ken Burns? Really?

So, I'm sure all of you are wondering why you need to read a post about someone named Ken Burns and I will wonder right along with you because there is really no reason, except this needed to be documented.

We have this adorable older man that lives next door with his wife.  Think this guy:
but actually not quite so cute and more like the nerdy scientist man in Rescue Rangers that always tried to destroy the world:
Ok, so a cross between the two.  Anyway, he lives next door and is super nice and we are all friends and his name is Hershel.

Well, today, he came by to talk to us about reciprocal airport rides.  We give them a ride to the airport (this saturday, in fact) and then they give us a ride whenever (probably whenever our kids our grown and we can leave the house again.)  Anyway- nice idea.  So, he hasn't seen Annie in a while and he is just taken aback, and when I say that, I mean, seriously taken aback at the striking resemblance to this man's documentaries he watches.  He can't remember this guy's name, but he just can't believe the resemblance and swears that he has never told anyone that their child looks like this guy (great, ours is the first- what an honor) - Tim something.  Well, already I'm not too thrilled (in my mind only, outwardly I am of course) that my daughter looks like a man, but I am thinking surely it is one of those men that kindof looks like a woman and maybe has beautiful sisters or daughters that look just like him.  Mad Scientist/Sweet Old Man Hershel proceeds to go on and on about Tim something and tells us to look him up- we just won't believe it.  We laugh along with the idea about our child looking like a famous older man and then he leaves.

THEN, he calls ten minutes later when he gets home and has looked up this actor and is calling to make sure we have done the same so that we can tell him yes, our daughter does look just like this man and thank you for comparing him.  So, we look up the name that he has now remembered, Ken Burns:
REALLY?  Need I say more?
Ok, maybe the bangs.....a LITTLE....

2 comments:

  1. Girlfriend, I am really not exaggerating when I say I have NEVER laughed out loud this hard while reading a blog post. And now I feel bad as I type this because I realize I am laughing on the Biase's behalf. I must add though, that I would also NEVER compare the two. Gorgeous Annie to a man like Ken? Never, ever, ever. The bangs are in common and that's it, and only because they are the same color, obvi. Thanks for the smiles this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baaahhhaaaaa! This post was hilarious. Love your writing girl! I feel like the Lord puts the most interesting people in your path- love that! Anyway gorgeous Annie looks nothing like good ole Ken Burns. End of story. :) But I did literally laugh out loud thinking of sweet Hershel so convinced in his mind that they are long lost twins- 50 years apart.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...