Tuesday, February 2, 2010

4:30am

I know many of you are wondering what takes place in the SuDan household at 4:30am. So, last night, I decided to get out of bed and document. This is usually a weekly occurrence and aren't you lucky- last night happened to be the night.

4:30am - vicious barking and trying to break through the window from this guy below signaling to us that the house must be on fire and we must all vacate immediately taking our most valuable possessions. I jerk up in bed wondering what possessions I should take (you think I would know by now, but it catches me off guard every time!) and see that Dan's most valuable possession is his shotgun and he is already starting to patroll with it. Then, reality kicks in and I realize it is only our weekly visitor who so wants to join our family come to visit again. I am about to angrily roll over and go back to sleep when I decide to take yall along and document:

(don't let the face fool you. He had already been banished to the bathroom by the time I got up so no good vicious picture)

So, our weekly visitor is Mr. Raccoon. I wish I could include a picture of him but he preferred to remain faceless for the time being. Mr. Raccoon for some reason decided about 6 months ago that he wanted to be part of our family, literally. He tries every week to get closer and closer to the house and just wants to come in and get some love. We have traps out but he is just too smart. And maybe I would consider an application, but he only comes at 4:30am, so I do not welcome his intrusion! Mr. Raccoon- we don't want you, can you not take a hint?!

So, Dan has resorted to shooting at Mr. Raccoon. The frustrating thing is, he has never hit him, possibly having to do something with him having limited amounts of clothes on. Well, last night was a new scenario- Mr. Raccoon finally got enough guts to approach the front door. Of course, Vern sniffed him out, gave us the fire alarm, and Dan grabs his gun, does his reconnaissance and runs out the front door this time, sans pants! But I had to crop that part, Dan would not let it appear for all of you fine readers...



After much searching; of course, Mr. Raccoon had abandoned his desire to come in. The nerve! Dan has forgotten he does not have pants on and is still searching for him, but decides to come back in and put the gun down until next week when we run this whole (exciting to the two boys) charade again!

I'll spare you the angry pictures of myself. But now you know what SuDan does at 4:30am :)

3 comments:

  1. I know being sleep deprived isn't funny, but this whole post just made me laugh, I could picture the whole thing playing out! Wonder if Mr. Racoon will get the hint when a new little lady moves into the house in the not so distance future?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! Love your writing Suz! Makes me miss you and Dad! :) I can just picture Dan going of his gun- and your angry but so cute and decide to document- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! You are a great storyteller. You must have been taking notes on JB's ability. I hope Mr. Raccoon doesn't come around again, for fear of his life.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...