Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday June!

Well, it has officially been one year since I was laying in the hospital recovering from my 40-hour labor and eventual c-section. June was definitely worth it and she gets cuter every day! ...with no lack of hated kisses from her daddy - It hasn't changed in a year :)
This morning, she received her first ever birthday present- baby chicks! They were sent last night from Ohio and arrived this morning bright eyed and peeping! June was very interested...
And we prepared a nice little place for them for the next few days until they transition to their brooder/cage, which they will be in for six weeks before moving to their home-made hen house. They have water, food, a t-shirt to lay on, and a heat lamp that must keep the box at a regulated 95 degrees (decreasing 5 degrees every week for three weeks), as well as a clock thermometer that they like to snuggle with :)
They will stay in this crate until next week and just peep and poop and eat all day. Yep, that's what they do. But it is pretty cute! They are very happy. If you remember, we were going to get four kinds of little chicks that I had picked out. Well, they called me yesterday and told me the one that I was the least excited about wasn't available! So, they sent me the friendliest breed that they have- a black copper maran. She is an excellent addition to our little flock and I think, will fit in nicely.
No names yet, but lots of love from our other animals. Although, I am not sure if they exactly love them or want to eat them. I will work on that... :) Oh and please ignore the terrible '80s wallpaper that we need to replace in our breakfast room. Soon, soon....
Fast asleep about every 30 minutes - I had to poke them the first time to make sure they were alive.
And I also wanted to mention my good friend, Courtney's blog shout out to June for her birthday! Adorable picture - Thank you Dentons!

And a last Happy 1st Birthday little Junie!

1 comment:

  1. Those are great pictures of Dan and June. Tell him to give her an extra kiss from us! And the chicks are adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...