Friday, September 9, 2011

30?......30 :)

A few weeks ago, I turned 30.  This would usually be a HUGE day/week celebrated mostly by me with lots of pushing for husband, family, friends, etc to get as geared up about it as me so that I can make any and all celebrations a very big deal.  Well, this year was different.  I don't know if it was because I was running Rush for my sorority or because I am super pregnant or maybe just because I was so busy busy busy, I just didn't have time to think about it.


But, that's ok.  Because on the night of my birthday, my fun family surprised me at the sorority house with a cookie cake (my FAV!!), personalized accessories mom made me wear, presents, and a nice, quick visit before I had to go back to work. (Dan was there too of course, just m.i.a. in picture-taking).  I know the college girls were thinking it was a little extreme because they had all already sang to me (ok, maybe I told a few people it was my birthday...), but hey, that is how I roll, right?!

It was a great night and just went to show that I was the only one who forgot my birthday.  I guess these past 30 years of training have paid off pretty well! ;)
June wearing her sunglasses upside down (her preferred look)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...