Tuesday, January 4, 2011

last week

Lots going on around here lately. Good times, sad times, and lots in between.
Since Christmas, it's been very cold, so we have been having daily fires. Dan went and bought himself an axe and has been chopping us some wood (don't tell him most of it came pre-chopped!)
Then, my sweet great-aunt, Mary Ellen (89) died. And a day later, my good friend, Rachel's dad died. We had Rachel's family and another friend, Jenny staying with us for the weekend. And both funerals on monday. I am sure you remember Selah and Asher, Rachel's kids, from when they stayed with us before. Well, they were back to play with June!
We had a fun weekend, despite all the sadness, and had some wagon rides in June's new wagon (which has been a huge hit!), as well as walks with our neighbor, Zuda, and her dad and the dogs!
So, Monday, I went to Dallas for Aunt Mary Ellen's funeral, and Dan was going to go to Rachel's dad's funeral. But instead, he was called upon to take care of all the munchkins. Around 11am, he sent me a text with this picture saying "Help me!"
And then he left June in her pajamas all day....

But.... he did a great job with all the little kiddos- hopefully a little insight into the future! And here they are the day after everyone left and all returned to normal.
Where am I, you may ask, in all this? Behind the camera! But I'm here :)

2 comments:

  1. June is so cute in her new wagon! Good job Dan on watching all three kids! Sorry to hear about your your friend's dad and your great aunt. We miss all you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne and Dan, I love you! No one better to take care of my kids during this hard time. Seems like everyone had a good time. Thanks Dan for keeping them instead of coming to the funeral. I am sure you got the better end of the stick. Great picture of the day after. we owe you!!! So get lots of babies and we will keep them for a weekend! Honestly love you guys and miss you tons.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...